All About Kim Hyun Joong (Profile and Photo Gallery)
* Name: 김현중 / Kim Hyun Joong (Gim Hyeon Jung)
* Profession: Actor, singer
* Birthdate: 1986-Jun-6
* Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
* Height: 180cm
* Weight: 68kg
* Blood type: B
* Star sign: Gemini
Debuting as the leader of SS501 in 2005. They also appeared in “Thank You For Waking Me Up” where he was proven to be a heavy sleeper,”Thank You For Raising Me Up” in 2006 and MNet’s “Idol World” in 2007, which showed SS501 doing various missions in Japan.
He joined the cast of MBC variety reality show We Got Married on May 11, 2008, with Hwang Bo, who is 6 years his senior. They achieved high popularity acting as a newlywed couple. Due to his appearance on We Got Married, he was cast in the Korean version of Hana Yori Dango as one of the members of the famous F4. Known as the “Lettuce Couple”, Hyun Joong and Hwang Bo went on to win MBC’s Best Couple Award. The couple made their official exit from We Got Married on December 14, 2008 due to scheduling conflicts presented by Boys Over Flowers.
In the hit drama series, Boys Over Flowers, he plays Yoon Ji Hoo. The series was a huge media and ratings sensation in Korea during its run from January to March 2009, garnering a huge amount of popularity for the entertainer. The series was not only a hit in Korea, but all around Asia as well. This includes Taiwan and the Southeast Asian countries of Singapore, Viet Nam, Malaysia, Philippines, Nepal amongst others as well as in Japan and in North America where it was released on DVD with English subtitles.
Their Asia Concert Tour began in mid-August 2009 in Seoul at the Olympic Park. They continued their tour in Shanghai, Taipei, Bangkok before returning to returning to Seoul for a closing encore concert. They staged two concerts for the encore closure on the 27th Feb and 28th Feb 2010 respectively.
On September 2009, during promotions in Japan for Boys Over Flowers, Kim Hyun Joong was diagnosed with H1N1. While recovering from H1N1, he could not attend Seoul’s International Drama Awards. To accept the award on his behalf, his members of SS501, Heo Young Saeng, Kim Kyu Jong, and Kim Hyung Jun were present for the award show. He recovered from H1N1 and was discharged on September 15, 2009.
On October 23, 2009 Kim Hyun Joong and SS501 released their album “Rebirth,” and performed “Love Like This.”
He has also been the spokesperson for cosmetics brand, Tony Moly, an established company with numerous branches across Korea and Asia, including Taiwan and Hong Kong. He had since ended his contract with Tony Moly in End September 2010, and he had been chosen to be the Spokesperson for The Face Shop.
In April 2010, he appeared opposite Jung Ryeo Won in the music video for Korean Singer Gummy’s new song As A Man (남자라서).
In June 2010, him and his band mates of SS501 released an album titled ‘Destination’. Their title song ‘Love Ya’ was received well, rating high in record sales and online music stores. ‘Love Ya’ went on to top Music Bank (TV series)’s K-Chart for two weeks. Doing great for two weeks was all they could have though, they soon ended promotions, because of SS501’s contract was ending.
On June 19, 2010, he then appeared at a concert in the Philippines along side BEAST
On June 28, 2010, It was officially announced that Kim Hyun Joong officially left DSP Entertainment and signed a contract with Bae Yong Joon’s KeyEast Entertainment company.
Kim Hyun Joong is now the leading role of the drama ‘Playful Kiss’ AKA ‘It Started With a Kiss’ (Taiwanese version) / ‘Itazura na Kiss'(Japanese version) as Baek Seung Jo, who has a stand-offish personality.
He had said at the Playful Kiss press conference, that SS501 will never disband unless you stop buying their album, and that they will make new albums in the future.
Kim Hyun Joong was then invited to the 16th Guangzhou Asian Games as the representative of South Korea and he’ll sing “Sunshine Again” with other 3 singers. On the 7th of November, Kim Hyun Joong was interviewed by CNN’s Anna Coren due to his success in Playful Kiss. Playful Kiss Special Edition is a big hit on Youtube as it is the first korean drama to air on Youtube. It’s first episode garners 1 million views just in 5 days. This has once again showed that Kim Hyun Joong is a global star.
* Dream High (KBS2, 2011) cameo
* Mischievous Kiss (MBC, 2010)
* Boys Before Flowers (KBS2, 2009)
* Spotlight (MBC, 2008) cameo
* Hotelier (TV Asahi, 2007) ep 7
* Can Love Be Refilled? (KBS2, 2005)
* Nonstop 5 (MBC, 2005) ep 208
* MBC Entertainment Award: Best Couple Award on MBC’s We Got Married with Hwang Bo
* MBC Entertainment Award: Best Brand of The Year Special Award on MBC’s We Got Married with other WGM Cast
* 45th PaekSang Arts Awards Male Popularity Award for Television on KBS2’s Boys Over Flowers
* Best Actor for Seoul’s International Drama Awards
* Most Popular Icon for Style Icon Awards 2009
* Yahoo Asia Buzz Award: Korean Top Buzz Artist
* Yahoo Asia Buzz Award: Taiwan Top Buzz Korean Artist
* Yahoo Asia Buzz Award: Asia Top Buzz Male Artist
* Mnet 20’s Choice Award: Most Influential Star
* 2010 Sky Perfect TV Awards – Best Dresser Award
* 2010 Style Icon Awards – Popularity Award
* Notes: He is the leader and eldest member of the Korean group SS501
* Education: Kyonggi University
* Hobbies: Playing the guitar, piano, dancing
Photo Gallery of Kim Hyun Joong
Wanna See Picture of Kim Hyun Joong in Original Size? Just Click The Picture Below and You Can get the bigger Size of The Picture…^^